BIC Plus contains all Business Identifier Codes (BICs) issued by SWIFT under ISO 9362:2014. It is an indispensable source for efficient payments preparation and repair.
What issues can you resolve with BIC Plus?
- BIC identification and validation
- Insight into newly added or deleted BICs
- Connectivity status on SWIFT network and services
- Verification of any historic modifications to a BIC or its contact details
- Facilitation of MiFID reporting, as it helps investment firms to identify trading counterparties in their monthly transaction reports with only active BICs at the time of trading.
- Look-up of an institution’s name, address and contact details
- Research of bank holiday, currencies and country data
What can you find in BIC Plus?
- All BIC-11 codes from ISO-registry (200+ countries), from connected and non-connected financial institutions and corporates, including
- name and address information
- the institution’s participation in national and international payment services reachable through FIN (FIN service codes)
- the institution’s SWIFT user category
- BIC status on FIN, InterAct and FileAct
- BIC-related events (suspension, (de)activation, name change...)
- Historical BIC information
- ISO country and currency codes
- Bank holiday information
- Time zones
In which format can you buy BIC Plus?
- Online via our BIC Directory Online (updated daily)
- As a flat file in xml or txt format (with daily and monthly updates)
- downloadable from our download portal
- using download automation,
- delivered to you over FileAct
- Via APIs, allowing your applications to retrieve individual data or perform the validation and BIC derivation online, without the need to download and store the data at your premises
- In paper (with quarterly updates)